Sunday, January 26, 2014


Hi family,
This week was a special week. We have been teaching a kid named A----. He has all the general questions like where did I come from, why am I here, what happens when we die? He is 17. We have taught him the restoration and the plan of salvation extended a baptismal invitation and he said if he knows it’s true he will be baptized.  He is going to pray about it this week.  We have been working so hard with him and I hope this happens for him.  He is a young kid and this is just what he needs.  The problem is his parents don’t say much to us.  I think they feel the spirit when we are there, but we get concerned that they can just say no to him at any time.  We think they are fine with it since they let us in. Please pray for him this week.  I hope to have some good news next week when I write.  This area is hard and the rain makes it even harder.  I am grateful though for the challenges. I am sorry that I have not taken photos, but it’s been rainy outside and rain and cameras don’t mix and plus it’s hard to get to a good spot to take a picture in this area. Also one other thing before I forget. I cut my hair so I don’t look like superman anymore.  In the photo I did send, the soccer jersey I was wearing with cristal on the front was sent by Taygoe.  I told him thanks like a bajillion times.  I miss that kid.  I am looking forward to seeing him and all the others next year at school.  Everything is starting to wear down now. I am down to my last trousers and only have like 4 white shirts left. I’m starting to get old now, it’s crazy because elder Poulino  is newer and so he asks if I know some elders and he will mention them and I’m just like I have no clue who that is. I don’t have much time today.  I am sorry I don’t have much to say.  Next week I hope to be telling you about a baptism date for A-----.  Thank you for your prayers.

Elder Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment