Monday, September 9, 2013

I used my little Yoruba Nigerian language skills and had very basic conversation with them and they loved it.


First, Happy birthday to Millie and also belated birthday wishes to Dad.  He is old!  Millie is young.  Lucky Millie. Okay, all about my new companion- He is French. He likes to cook and play football (soccer). We get along really well. I just need to speak slowly with him so he can process it all. He understands everything but his response is really slow because he has to process it all. Everything is going well with us. He isn’t homesick really. And of course, study has been going well with him. We are getting along really well. The whole flat likes him so we are having a lot of fun. We went to a senior missionary couple’s house for dinner so they could meet him and they used green dye so everything was green. Our drinks were green the mashed potatoes were green the gravy was greenish and, of course, we had green jello. It was so funny. He didn’t really understand it though, but still funny. Also, one day we were coming home from a member’s house after we finished dinner and this African family came and asked us for directions to another house. It was on the street where the member lived that we just came from. We ended up taking them there and the whole time we were just chatting.  I used my little Yoruba Nigerian language skills and had very basic conversation with them and they loved it. We ended up taking them to the place and it was someone’s birthday. Because we were so nice to them they gave us a ton of food and we stayed at this party for a little while talking about the church a little but also just being nice.  They treated us like royalty. They gave us so much food and listened to us. It was so fun. Elder Morales was just laughing the whole time... I will have to get you the pictures soon.  I  would love to see the Stolworthys... see if I can give them like a bag to take home to you guys.

Jenna should have so much fun at college... it was such a fun time for me I loved it so I hope she does too! Sorry for the short email. But we ran out of time today... ciao ciao,

Love, Elder Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment