Monday, August 26, 2013

All is well in Welling


So this week was really slow because elder Bendall is really sick. Poor guy has IBS so he constantly is using the bathroom and feeling ill.  This week it got worse. So we had to call the Mission pres. and call the mission doctor so elder Bendall may or may not be moving to get some help. The African food is definitely making it worse as well. It doesn’t help that I absolutely love spicy food so all the families here know me so when we go to DAs they make the food spicy and he just suffers. He is a good guys and doesn’t ever mention how hard it is.  So this week was pretty slow because we had to take tiny breaks while he threw up. But he never wants to just rest and that is good, so we were contacting a lot of this week and it proved futile. No one was stopping. The computer I am on won’t let me put pictures up because it doesn’t  have any usb inserts. So no pictures.  Sorrrrry.

As far as my reading this week, I am in 2 Kings at the moment so that is nice. I have gone through the religion manuals for the first half of the Old Testament. So I am learning a lot in there. So that’s a plus. I can’t believe you bought Millie a car. I am sure Bret loves the idea of driving a bug around as well. What happened to the truck? Does that mean you are going to buy me a car when I get home? Or even better a motorcycle? It’s funny because 95% of cars in the UK are manual. Thankfully the mission cars aren’t and they were automatic. That helped me. Man I miss elder Armijo. He has been home for over 4 months now. The best time on my mission was with him and elder Hansen. But Armijo made Yeovil. It’s crazy to think that only 2 of my companions are still on the mission. Elder Kretsu and Elder Bendall. Elder Martins finishes at the end of this move and elder Diaz went home because he got really sick whilst in Staines.  Don’t get me wrong, I like all of my comps, but Armijo and Hansen both clicked with me as far as the things we liked including sports and food.  Sounds like elder Reel and I would have a good time then. When I get back we will have to meet.  You said he is from Utah right? I don’t think I am too sarcastic anyways though. Wow about Ricky. I didn’t know married guys were even allowed to fight mma. That’s good for Ricky. Congratulate him for me.

Well summer is now officially over for us. We got like 1 sunny day this week and the rest was raining, but on Saturday it wasn’t just raining it was like pouring all day and I lost the hood to my jackets so I am hoodless and my hair is just soaked. I forgot how much it rains here. 

 Also say hi to Alexis because she only talks to you. So this week just seemed to be another average week. A lot of people cancelled appointments on us which seems to be the usual in this area. But for the most part all is well in Welling. We actually split up our area because we have 6 missionaries working in it so now we work in Bexleyheath, Welling, and Abbeywood. I am doing well.  Wish the work was more productive, but we are working hard all the same.  I wish I had more to tell you. .  In D&C 18 it says if you bring just one soul to the Lord your joy will be great.  Sometimes I feel like that scripture is for me.  The work is hard, but I am happy.

I am out of time,

Love Elder Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment