Monday, July 22, 2013

Everything comes with age and grey hair. Dad should be a master at almost everything now because almost all of his hair is silver


Family,

First shout out to Darla and the Herdts.  That was a killer package and the jerky was great.  I love the tie.  It is Evan R. Lawson for sure. I hope Elder Herdt is enjoying Chicago dogs and becoming a fan of the Bears . That is pretty cool that you are doing all those family things for the research. Soon you are going to become like Todd and start travelling,  just taking random photos of things that link with your family doing everything from your ipad.

This week we did a ton with less actives who haven’t been to church in some time, or are lost sheep, so we spent a lot of time doing  ‘in between’ contacting which is pretty cool. A is doing great but we have not seen T or J this week.  We will.  They are really awesome people.  D and F are busy this week with business affairs so we will catch up with them soon.  The polygamy thing is a huge hold up for them, but they know it is all true and it may take time but it will all work out.  . Having 6 missionaries in this one area can be really hard. The area is a little bit big but everyone only works in the Woolwich and Abbeywood areas... and then all the other areas go untouched so at church our WML told us that we needed to separate from Woolwich and go into the surrounding areas which means we may not get as many teaches. But I think it will be good I like all the surrounding areas anyways and I am sure there are people there waiting to hear from us. I liked what you said about everyone being sent to teach the gospel.  It is true and it is good when you find the ones who are ready to hear it.  Even if they aren’t it is good to plant the seeds so they can see the Lord in their lives. 

I have turned into the best wild fruits spotter... I can just spot cherry trees from a distance and I have a good vertical jump which allows me to get the tasty cherries. I have to get them for my comp so I am jumping all the time. Whenever we are going in between appointments I am eating wild cherries that are really delicious. Except some cherry trees trick you and are actually terribly bitter and not really tasty.  As for hitting the half way mark and officially hitting the latter half of my mission is strange. I think and am like whoa I have been out for forever and then the other half is like whoa I haven’t even been out long so as to questions regarding that its strange. I just realized that I hit my year mark as I was just sitting in bed one night remembering when I would think like I still have one more July 22 or one more December 1 or one more day of that on my mission but then it hit me and I was just like whoa this was my last July 20 etc.  I have one more year and only one more of each day as a missionary. I have to use them wisely and do my best to build the kingdom. There is lots of work to do. It is a good feeling because I remember coming out the one thing I wanted to be able to do was to be able to carry a conversation with rando people about the gospel and to have learned a lot more of the scriptures. when I got Elder Bendall our first weekly planning the first thing he said was 'man, you know your scriptures well can you show me how you study your stuff' and I was just like whoa I remember when I didn’t know anything and then I just realized yesterday when we were on the streets that I can carry on gospel conversations, well, any conversation really,  better than I could a year ago and I was like whoa I remember when I hated talking to people... I still do (hate talking a lot that is) but not because I don’t know how to get past “Hey how are you doing?”,  but because I just don’t enjoy talking like you do mum. You would be a great missionary really.  Everything comes with age and grey hair. Dad should be a master at almost everything  now because almost all of his hair is silver.... next step is platinum... He is kinda like Gandolf when he evolves in wizardom and moves from like black to grey to silver to white. ok I will be on the lookout for the tie and stuff. Hopefully the usb is in there. I am enjoying all the sunshine that we have been getting. I can’t imagine what it is like for Harrison where it is like 120 all day. It’s like 85 and I am complaining that it is really hot... I think I am going to melt when I return home.

Ok so funniest thing ever.. Elder Bendall and I went to a da on Friday and they fed us fufu and agoussi soup. Anyways fufu is really filling (ask the Pattersons about it) and Elder Bendall couldn’t finish it so I had to help him eat the other half... he was struggling to eat... it was his first time so he didn’t know how to go about eating it with your hands and stuff... so funny. I actually might get you pictures of that. Yea, this week was good. It has been hard for me to sleep because it is so hot outside and we have no fans or anything... it is deadly. But that should be all this week not the best of letters... this next week should be good because we have zone conference tomorrow and I will have a lot to write about.

Did you take any videos of Bret or Jenna that you could send me? Also how old is Carleighs sister? if reasonable age is she cute?  Tell Johnson I love him and enjoy the wedding.  Also love to everyone there.


Ciao Elder Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment