Saturday, May 25, 2013

A parcel in the post


In today's mail
If you know Elder Mecham you know getting family footwear is no surprise!

Sweats for big daddy.
A little music for the family, since he knows we are missing his 'system as he rolls up the driveway.
A package from Joey would not be complete without an animal calendar.  Notice the hedgehog is the cover model.


Last but certainly not least, my Missionary bear.  Fuzzy Wuzzy.
 The missionary bear is a tradition in our stake, or at least it is among our dear friends.  Many of the boys and girls make these bears with the help of the sisters in their ward to give to their mums as they are about to head out into the field.   Joey has never been one to follow the crowd, so try as she might, Dee could never convince Joey that I 'just had to have one' before he left. She went so far as to buy the bear a little missionary suit and tag! I never let him know that I was a little disappointed but I think he must have sensed it.  You can imagine my great joy today when I opened the box to find this little guy who has a sound bite that says, "I love you," when you squeeze his paw.

The other items in the box  speak to Elder Mecham's personality perfectly.  The footwear pays tribute to his love of shoes.  The sweat suit is for his dad.  It is a team GB suit from the 2012 Summer Olympics. The suit is a fitting addition to the package as Joey is passionate about sports.  The CD is music from an African Christian artist.  The music on the CD is fantastic with inspired messages like, "I am blessed, blessed, blessed by the best, because Christ has ransomed me."  The calendar needs no explanation.  I am sure it is Elder Mecham's favorite addition to the package.   Those of you who know Elder Mecham know animal videos are his favorite form of weekend entertainment.  I am sure he threw this in so we can get to know his new animal friends in the UK.

I can't wait to write him and tell him how much I love this little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment