Monday, March 25, 2013

If you want me to write more you need to ask me more in depth questions though. Dad is cool he asks in depth questions so I answer him with in depth answers.


Hey Thanks to Tank , Lori, Maddyn, Bishop Anderson, Sam  Justin and Vinny.  It was good to hear from you.  I appreciate you taking a minute to write me. It sounds likee ven though there weren’t any W’s you had a good trip to Seattle.


This  week was a good one again. On Saturday our stake had ward missionary day where all the youth came to Yeovil and went out and did missionary things like street greet, knocking and teaching lessons and it was a lot of fun and really good for the youth. I have found one thing I like the most about my mission is teaching in a very simplified form. It is always good for my brain to have a constant simple refresher whenever we teach someone. The gospel is simple and true. The world would like us to think everything is complicated.  We got to see the zone leaders and the elders from Salisbury came over Friday and slept over so that was a lot of fun too.   The sisters from Weymouth came over.  One of the youth was there and I started talking to him.  He  asked where I was from and I said Vegas and he started freaking out but then got a little depressed and said, “ I have wanted to always meet an elder from Boston,”  and I was like wait a minute my mom is from Boston I used to go there a lot.   He got really excited again and we started talking about the Patriots so he was just filling me in on everything that has been going on with the team in free agency ha! It was a funny coincidence. we all got new ‘companions’  for the day that were from the youth groups that were there.  I ended up getting a 16 year old from our ward and then a 19 year old that has been less active for 5 years. We went out and taught the 16 year olds Nan but he was really sick the whole day so we dropped him back off at the chapel after a while and then me and the 19 year old went out. We had a really good talk about church and everything as we worked.  It was fantastic.  I think it must have made an impression because he showed up for church the next day!  Later, he had to leave so we went back to the chapel and I took a 12 year old kid out knocking who was super excited to go knocking. His name is Willard and he is really cool. He was super enthusiastic about it and he did well.  He brought his enthusiasm with him so everyone welcomed us.   Saturday was fun. Like I said, the 19 year old ended up coming to church which was his first time in a while so that is always good. On Wednesday we had district meeting in Bournemouth and elder Armijo made enchiladas for our district and they were delicious and really easy to make so now I can make them too.  He goes home in just a few weeks.  He is a great companion and we get along really well.  The other district wanted these enchiladas so bad but we didn’t make enough so it was too bad for them while they watched us eat the enchiladas. They were good. I also have been really liking knitted ties. Everyone seems to like them. My emails are never as long as Brady’s are so I will have to email him for some tips. He types just about as fast as he talks. If you want me to write more you need to ask me more in depth questions though.  Dad is cool he asks in depth questions so I answer him with in depth answers.

WE will do a bunch of service tomorrow that I am looking forward to.  I like doing work.  I am glad to hear about Austin Evans and also to hear Robert is in the MTC.  They will both do well.  Austin’s weather will be good and it is probably a really great place.  All the Africans I have met here in London are nice people.
I like the reference you sent me from Alma 17.  I do think it will be like that with my friends when we return.  (I sent him Alma 17:1-4)  I also will be happy to have that reunion with my cats.

There are other Mechams in my mission now so my mail has been going to them.  It is taking a long time to get to me.  If people can just write direct to my flat it would be good. I got a letter from Bruce and Sister Bertha that was sent to the senior couple Mechams.   There is an Elder here that knows Iron Rod and Tuesday.  I will send his photo.  He is a good guy.

The weather has been really bad lately.  Super cold and raining all the time.  I don’t know if I will ever get completely used to it. I will write to Grampie.  I am glad he is doing well. 

I have not met any of the newbies yet.  That is the downside to the West.  We are pretty spread out so we don’t get to see others as much.  I imagine I will meet some soon.  The mission is being flooded with new elders and sisters.  It will be good. I think it is likely I will stay in Yeovil next move, but you never know.  I did like being closer to London.

Mum can you please forward me everyone’s letters to their families.  I like reading them.  Quincy’s letter was wicked funny and ya, I am gonna write to her and Mary. 

I have to go.  Thanks for everything,

Elder Mecham- love you all
The enchiladas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment