Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Things are well kool


Yo,  I’ll answer the Q's first

 

1. Do you feed the meter? Nope

2. Do people talk about being 'on the dole'? Nope

3. Do you get fish and chips often? I don’t like it really. it’s just average. I would rather save the money and use it on something better

4. Todd said you would probably like wool sweaters. Would you like some? its fine, no.

5. Did you get the package from Amazon? Yes thanks

6. Do you even notice the accents anymore? Do you think you are getting one now? I’m used to it but I don’t have  one

7. What is your ward like? Is it big or small? kool. it’s about 80 people

8. Do you have a milk man? Nope

9. Any mail this week? Ali Nooooooooooorda!

10. How did the Chinese food turn out? What did you make? Good

11. Which Elders are you keeping in touch with? Can you email your friends who are on missions?  Yea I can email anyone of them

 

Hi this week was well dope. I found an Enya cd in our flat so that thing plays on repeat throughout the day. It is so cold here. When I first got here our flat was 24 degrees and now when I wake up its about 17 degrees. I am going to die during the winter. I am going out today to buy a new camera and some jackets. We went golfing with the young men in our ward so that was a lot of fun. I need you to accept mark as a friend on Facebook and everyone else that friended me if there are any. Make sure I have friends in common and I know them. No spammers or fake people. that’s a pet peeve. Also mark reminded me that you have to accept photos that I’m tagged in. It should be on like an activity bar or something. But you have to approve all the pictures I get tagged in and statuses and vids and stuff. Mark is pretty handy especially when we get lost he tells us what bus to catch and stuff. Friday we took a 2 hour train all the way down to the bottom of the mission in Christchurch to see elder Hansen’s baptism. It was the only person who he found that got baptized. It was cool. We met this kid that was my age and just travelling the world going to concerts and stuff. He was just coming back from Croatia and Italy. He was cool. Tell dad at least the patriots didn’t lose their season opener like green bay. We had mark find the scores for us ha-ha. Today is my 2 month mark. And my first moves are over and me and Hansen are staying together for another 6 weeks which is well dope. on Thursday I went on exchanges with the zone leader elder Curran who is cool. I stayed in Croydon with him and I was the senior companion and had to run everything. It was well kool. England is nothing like South America though. I feel like God sends all the prideful missionaries to England because literally no one cares basically. It’s hard to find new people to teach let alone get 2 baptisms a week. We are working with a Nigerian girl who said she wants to be baptised. but we have to teach her everything first really. We almost got a Muslim to pray in the name of Christ as well. It was cool he came in while we were teaching this girl and started to listen to us. But I might have a baptism soon we will see. We visited her last night and she had a watch tower from a Jehovah’s witness. I asked her if I could have it and she said yea and I just went home and read through it and threw it away haha. We have an investigator named Jason who is well kool. Basically whenever something falls through we just go over to his house. No matter what time it is we can call him and tell him we are coming over and he always will be there. He is well dope. He is just covered in tattoos and hates Jehovah’s witnesses. He knows a lot and is really open to stuff. He only likes our church so he might come this Sunday. I need to buy some winter boots and winter jackets and a new camera. AP White’s cousin is the byu kicker by the way. Monday we made this Chinese food with a full Chinese guy. It was well tasty. He taught us how to make 3 meals and then he taught us a ton of little kid visual lessons. Which are well dope. Because they are actually fun and stuff. The weather literally has a huge effect on people. When it’s cloudy and windy and rainy and cold good luck trying to talk to someone. But if it’s sunny and warm people always talk so winter is going to stink. Ha elder Curran stole elder Hansen’s oyster by accident so we spent the weekend walking everywhere. And our area is huge. Just to get to our church is an hour and a half walk. Which we had to do 3 times. That is well kool the Hayden is home now. The article was well dope. that’s awesome....

I’m outro.

Joey- Love you all

ps. send me pictures of like all my friends and stuff I’m making these well sick scripture cases covered in these pictures so yea.
pps. I have to go buy some thermal long sleeve garments and pants


Note from Joey's mom-  Today when I got his email I was on the computer.  I sent back an email right away and got to email back and forth for a few minutes- Here is some of what he said-
I asked him what an Oyster was and how Elder Hansen's got stolen.  It is a bus pass and it wasn't really stolen, just left in the other Elder's bag.
I asked if he has been to the temple yet and he said he has not been yet.
He said shouts out to Mary and Quincy for making their school's lax teams. 
He said to tell all the young men to read the Bible not just the Book of Mormon. He said that it will help them on their missions because a lot of people don't want to talk unless they know you know the Bible too. Also he said specifically to read the writings of Paul and  that he really likes the writings of Paul to Timothy.  He also said to ask Todd (Moody) about Vimto squash because he is sending some.
Then he said see you in 22 months.

Lucky for me he sent some photos today.  Here he is learning the art of Chinese cooking- (Peking Duck is what he said the made.  Hope he really crisped the skin)

No comments:

Post a Comment